A wheelchair ramp provides accessibility for disabled people as well as it can also increase the resale value of your home.
1. Decide the location for the ramp. Determine if you want to attach it to a deck or porch.
2. The height of the deck or porch must match the height of the ramp to which it is going to be attached.
3. Study the guidelines given for materials and planning the Americans with Disabilities Act.
4. Study local laws about ramps made by the building inspection department.
5. Make an outline of the ramp keeping enough room for the length of the ramp.
6. If digging is necessary, contact utilities companies.
7. Get any license and permissions required. A permit may be required by the building inspectors to build the ram.
8. Give contract to a licensed and qualified builder to build the ramp or you can try yourself.