Keeping your shower curtain in a sound condition is the duty of home owners. If you’re cleaning each and every part of your home then, why not the shower curtains? After a frequent and more amount of use of shower curtains, you might find the accumulation of dirt and debris on the surface. Removing it is very important so that your shower curtain can last for a longer period of time. It is advisable of cleaning your shower curtain once in a month so that it doesn’t invite any accumulation of dirt and debris on its surface. It will help you in making your shower curtain look brand new again.
If many of us are using the similar shower curtain for longer period of time, you might to clean it more frequently. It is advisable to follow certain instructions for enjoying a streak free shower curtain in your bathroom. Even the accumulation of mold and mildew might result in replacing the entire shower curtain with the new one. Whether you make the use of lightweight plastic curtains or heavy weight opaque vinyl curtains, it is very difficult to observe that any of the shower curtains resist the accumulation of mold and mildew on the surface. You should prevent it as soon as possible because it might lead in damaging the health of the members of the home and also might turn up to increase the respiratory allergies too. Are you planning of removing the accumulation of mold and mildew from the surface of your shower curtain? Follow the suggestions yourself and your family from the unsightly growth of mold and mildew on its surface. Follow the tips stated for not letting your shower curtain ruin its ways more.
Process of cleaning the shower curtain:
- Start the process by removing the shower curtain from the handles or the rods installed. Remove the hooks and the rings that are attached to the surface of the curtain for removing the shower rod. If you observe the rings and the hooks to be dirty, it is advisable of cleaning them as well.
- Whichever curtain style you have selected for your bathroom, remove it and place it into the washing machine accompanying with towels. It is advisable of setting the cycle of the washing machine on to the cold section. Do not machine dry tour shower curtain as it might end up damaging your entire shower curtains installed.
- Clean the hooks and rings that you removed from the shower curtain. You can easily clean it by making a cleaning solution at your home. Make the use of a bowl and add detergent to the hot water for preparing the solution. Make the use a clean rag or a sponge for cleaning the surface and the rings thoroughly.
- Rinse them completely so that it can increase the beauty and get it back to its brand new look. Take the rings and hooks back to its place and fit them according to the fixtures. After cleaning the shower curtain, dry it completely before you’re hanging them up back to its place. Attach the plastic curtains and hang it back to the shower rods. You can also let it dry naturally by spreading it on the rod. This will allow the natural process of drying.
Process of preventing accumulation of mold and mildew from the shower curtain:
- There are mainly three things when it is important to take proper care for the shower curtain. You should take care of your shower curtain during the shower, after the shower and before you head towards showering.
- Before you shower, it is advisable of checking the accumulation of mold and mildew on its surface. You might observe some black spots on the surface. It is nothing but the fungus that is accumulated on the surface. You should know the tricks and tips of removing them off the surface of your shower curtain.
- Make the cleaning solution by taking water and vinegar with the same proportion. This will help in preventing the discharge of more mold and mildew accumulation on the shower curtain. It is important to turn on the ceiling fan before you start with the process.
- Take off the shower curtain and spray this solution on to its surface. Make the use of large sized sponge and j-cloth and a handy squeegee for cleaning the entire surface of the shower curtain. Let the solution rest for some while on the curtains so that it can react and get rid of accumulated mold and mildew on the surface.
- Make the use if hand milled soap for cleaning the shower. This will offer gentle cleaning process on your shower installed. You can place towels near your shower curtain and it will dry on itself completely. Open the windows and let the fresh air perform their work.
- It is important to keep the shower curtain closed while you’re having your shower. It will help in preventing water splashing on the surface of the bath rugs or bath curtains installed. As bathroom carpets and rugs has the tendency of soaking up and absorbing the water. This will end up damaging the fibers in the carpet.
- After you’re done with your shower, it is important to clean each and every thing in your bathroom including your shower curtain. You can simply dry it into the shower tub or outside the shower tub also. It is important that you leave the fan vents on while you’re showering. As while showering there are more chances that the water can splash to many of the areas in your bathroom.
- Take it off and place the shower curtains on the drying deck so that it can drop off any water that is still on its surface. Make it as your habit of keeping the shower curtains on the sides of the windows so that it can never invite any accumulation of mold and mildew to your bathroom. This will simply result in cleaning the entire area of the bathroom as well as the shower curtain.