There are many different ways used for finishing the concrete block walls in basements, garages.
1. Place the wire lath on the wall and fix it with a four screws in a box pattern keeping a 2-inch overlap for each section.
2. Place 3/8-inch wood lath horizontally, along the top, bottom and center of the walls and secure it with concrete screws.
3. Mix stucco according to package directions and apply stucco to the wet wall with a large trowel between the fir strips.
4. Level the screed coat of stucco with a long board.
5. Use a float to a smooth surface with a wide mason’s float before the surface of the stucco has set up.
6. Take out the wood lath and allow it to dry for 24 hours before applying the finish coat.
7. For applying finish coat mix stucco according to package directions, add colorant if desired and apply a ¼-inch thick layer using a mason’s float.