Balusters are also termed as pickets. These are just guard rails around your deck or even along your staircase. The guard rails should not allow a 4 inch sphere to pass through it, this is an IRC code. These guard rails or pickets give rise to various types of designs and materials that can be used. There are different types of deck balusters available, here are some listed below…
• Traditional balusters are made from wood and they are evenly spread out and they’ll taper from bottom to top.
• Another traditional baluster design is made using iron rods and wooden rails. Some may have a different design on the iron rods attached.
• Custom made balusters will have jazzy looking, brass or even glass.
• There are different types of designs available in round and square balusters.
• Some use glass and wood or aluminum balusters, these will look elegant looks. The tempered glass can be plain or etched with designs.