The process of building a single home in Oklahoma involves slightly different procedures depending upon the location of the land.
A Single Structure
1. Make a sketch plan of the home that you want to build.
2. Application is to be made for the necessary building permits at the city’s office of Planning and Development. A number of permits may be required including a building permit, plumbing permit, electrical permit depending upon the structure of a home.
3. You should meet the requirements of the building code.
4. When the plans have satisfactorily met all the building codes insurance of permits takes place. Conflicts between the plans and codes must be resolved before building permits are issued.
5. Once the plans are approved by the staff, required fees should be paid so that the construction may start.
6. The city inspectors should be notified for inspections of the plumbing, electrical, HVAC at times specified in the city code as the construction proceeds.
7. After completion of the construction the building is ready for final inspection which includes a special fire inspection. When all inspections are over and meet the satisfaction of the municipality inspectors, an occupancy permit will be issued.