Metal drip edge is installed around the outer edges of a roof to prevent it from damage to the fascia board due to moisture.
1. Starting from one corner of the roof cover the outer perimeter of the roof with full sheet of drip edge overlapping the fascia board.
2. Using a hammer and 1 1/4-inch galvanized roofing nails fasten the drip edge to the roof. Secure the drip edge and plywood roof sheathing by hammering a nail distanced every foot and a half.
3. Using a pair of sheet metal snips cut a second piece of drip edge.
4. The second piece of drip edge should be placed onto the roof so as to overlap the first piece by two inches. It’s necessary to overlap the drip edge by two inches to prevent water and other moisture from entering underneath the material, to avoid water damage to the roof.
5. Installation of drip edge is continued till you cover the entire outer edge of the roof.